Research & Tools

Wow that’s great and very useful! Thank you. I only know Reddit front-end.

Hey partisans!

The stewards started an ally portal to have a database of potential investments.

I started an intro about Mel project who reached out to the DAO with a proposal to build together.

Want to invite everyone to add more points and use-cases. I know there had been a lot said on the meeting yesterday by @nullchinchilla.

4 Likes

Here is the draft: research/mel_project.md at master · lunardao/research · GitHub

Just PL if you interested or DM the admins here to gain access as a collaborator.

3 Likes

Yesterday Mullvad and Tor Project launched an open source privacy-enforced browser, “Mullvad Browser”. They call it the “Tor Browser without Tor Network”, and say it is meant for people who need anonymity/privacy (privacy-enforced browser + VPN) but cannot or do not want to use Tor Network.

Tor Project release: We’ve Teamed Up With Mullvad VPN to Launch the Mullvad Browser

Mullvad release: All together as one: This is how the Mullvad Browser works

2 Likes

Hey guys, Riku here. Q4 last year we started the TakeItBackCollective. Our aim is to educate people about how to take back control instead of jumping through the hoops of Big Tech. You guys as well started a really great initiative! A collective effort to change the world for the better by raising awareness about topics like Data Safety, Data Security & Privacy makes all the difference! And in case anyone reading this is interested, we have a nice blog section on our website where we as well post guest contributions that align with our shared vision. I’d love to connect with you! Feel free to reach out anytime! www.takeitbackcollective.com

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing, checking it out!

1 Like

https://wiki.lunardao.net/monero.html

LunarDAO pushed a Monero advanced user guide - This is focusing on more advanced threat level considerations

Use the guide, share with others, and drop any comments below

3 Likes

This is an amazing initiative. Will check it out more thoroughly as soon as possible. Will also add to the wiki <3 thank you! Would be great to have collaborations around sharing knowledge and skills to improve privacy for users.

Tor user research of global-south, quite fresh. Very interesting read to get into the context of challenges/opportunities of these countries: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/ux/research/-/blob/master/reports/2022/Challenges__Needs_and_Opportunities_-_Global_South.pdf

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. It gives us the opportunity to see how we could contribute to share knowledge and guides in an accessible way and in more languages. we were advised to support crypto privacy projects in the global south and I think a first step would be to translate the wiki to ie. Spanish, but for this we would need support from the community.