Crypto & Macro: news, updates

Crypto is alive at least 26h a day and 8 days a week. Sharing hot news makes LunarDAO community stronger.

https://twitter.com/LukeGromen/status/1604871486342197248

Luke Gromen(@LukeGromen): 1/ “Australia’s A$200 billion ($134.28 billion) sovereign wealth fund is increasing exposure to gold, commodities, private equity and infrastructure as it warns the future will echo the low-growth, high-inflation era of the 1970s.”

Arthur Hayes always have interesting and relevant analysis to bring. Check out his blog and most recent article:

“Centralised lending firms (CEL) usually go bankrupt because they either lent money to entities that can’t pay them back, or they have duration mismatches in their lending books. Duration mismatches occur because the lenders receive deposits that can be recalled by their depositors on a short time frame, but they make loans using those deposits on a longer time frame. If the depositors want their money back or demand a higher rate of interest due to changing market conditions, then the CEL — absent an injection from some white knight firm — becomes insolvent and bankruptcy quickly follows.”

“The two largest muppet crypto trading firms, Alameda and 3AC, both grew to such a gargantuan size because of cheap borrowed money. In the case of Alameda, the polite way to put it is that they “borrowed” it from FTX customers — although others might call it theft. In the case of 3AC, they hoodwinked gullible and desperate CELs to lend them funds with little-to-no collateral. In both cases, the lenders believed these and other trading firms were engaged in super-duper-smart arbitrage trades that rendered these firms immune to the vicissitudes of the markets. However, we know now these firms were just a bunch of degen, long-only punters in meth mode.”

1 Like
1 Like

Paxful CEO just removed ETH from their marketplace.

https://twitter.com/documentingbtc/status/1605555334092685312

He claims the following to be the reasons:

• ETH switched from proof-of-work to proof-of-stake. Proof-of-work is the innovation that makes Bitcoin the only honest money there is, whereas proof-of-stake has rendered ETH essentially a digital form of fiat.

• ETH is not decentralized. It is controlled by a small group of people and one day you will need permission to use it.

• ETH had some utility on real use cases, such as credit and lending, but it thrives because of tokenization. The tokens that ETH has spawned have been scams that have robbed people of billions.
    They have stolen valuable momentum away from Bitcoin and cost us years on our mission.

He sees this as a way of protecting the industry. Do you agree with this decision?

I think his claim that one day you will need permission to use it is bold. Even if 99% of nodes on ETH censor txs, it means you will be included by the 100th block.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/theblockres/status/1605594740769988608

In 2022, the total crypto market cap dipped below $1trn.
:chart_with_downwards_trend: Whereas, its total monthly cryptocurrency spot volume hit a nine-year low of $673bn in November.
:chart_with_upwards_trend: Binance consolidated its market share from 60% to 75% over the same period.

Scaling Solutions:
:chart_with_downwards_trend: Rollups saw TVLs decline throughout '22, -24% to $4.5bn as of Nov 30
:trophy: Arbitrum, Optimism, & dYdX dominate the overall landscape for Ethereum-based scaling solutions
:arrow_right: Other popular solutions in the making: Celestia, ZkSync, Scroll, Polygon Hermez

If we comply they can succeed in removing our privacy. How exactly are they going to impose it if we refuse. We we start to regulate ourselves and each other we have already lost.
In the article The coming privacy wars it was said:

" In response to a querying tweet from Jeff Coleman last week, many people, including Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin, said they would have used Tornado Cash to send funds to Ukraine causes to avoid having them intercepted either by Russian authorities or by Western authorities who worried that the funds might fall into Russian hands.

How we allocate our funds/what we choose to support is no longer our choice but the decision of nation-states. They can track, identify and repress if it doesn’t fit the political scope of the present.

2 Likes

An exaple of bad tokenomics.

https://twitter.com/DeFiyst/status/1605386923912167426

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CoinDesk/status/1605813580040966144

CoinDesk(@CoinDesk): A plea agreement between @carolinecapital and @sdnynews has been unsealed. @thesamreynolds reports.

https://twitter.com/serinko13/status/1606010998032195584

Bankman was freed with our money - stolen from us, incredible!

1 Like
1 Like

Onchain wizard newsletter is interesting and analysis is on point. Here - looking back at the past year:

1 Like

It’s interesting and I’m expecting the community to bring proposal on how LunarDAO also can develop governance. Further down in the article is was also mentioned Waves blockchain and a proposal for development made by Sasha Ivanov, the founder. It is very important to support active participation in the community, but I don’t think penalties and reward based system provides the right incentives. Wonder what others think about it…?

"Instead, Ivanov developed “Power Protocol,” a set of rules and incentives to encourage community participation. The protocol is designed to set and then measure key performance indicators (KPIs) and offer financial rewards and penalties to facilitate accountable, transparent and efficient community collaboration. The first DAO to use the Power Protocol was Waves’ Power DAO.

These KPIs, if fulfilled, result in rewards for participating communities. Conversely, if they aren’t met, a community can be penalized as a portion of its staked governance tokens is destroyed. This may help disincentivize predatory behavior from large token holders who may vote favorably on proposals solely to gain token rewards."

1 Like

yeah it’s really interesting thanks for sharing! i think the idea of encouraging the community in participating should be researched more: i like the aim but the methods are still a bit rough… I mean ideally we don’t want to destroy gov tokens and by doing so taking power from the community itself, we’d want that people to be empowered and decide for themselves. Idk maybe my thoughts are a bit confused

I mean, nobody is surprised, but I still wanted to share it here.
JP Morgan Chase facilitated Epstein’s human trafficking:

https://twitter.com/AdrianNormanDC/status/1608597371671433218

This is a very scary scenario. it’s like the firewall in china. Even though there are always humans rights groups criticizing measures such as this one it seem like it is a time when these protest can be completely disregarded or that the public opinion (and people’s so called rights) is irrelevant.

Hey, wanted to share here cause it’s really interesting - especially the idea that establishing formal legal structures is inevitable. There’s still this idea that everywhere we go we can’t escape from states and regulations, which gives me anxiety tbh.